The BMT has moved their Wiki. Please don't edit any pages of this wiki. Instead go to www.officialblackmidi.wikia.com
CoolSoft VirtualMIDISynth is a MIDI synthesizer driver that is used in conjunction with a MIDI player. It runs on the same base as BassMIDI (BASSMIDI), but VirtualMIDISynth is more up to date and can be negligibly faster.
Sound Set: Any *.sf2* files
Polyphony: Adjustable between 16-500 notes by the configurator (1000 in the new 1.10.1)
Latest version: v.1.13.2
Version History: Can be found here
32 bit path: C:\Windows\system32\VirtualMIDISynth
64 bit patch: - C:\Windows\SysWOW64\VirtualMIDISynth for 32-bit DLLs and C:\Windows\system32\VirtualMIDISynth for 64-bit DLLs
If the operating system is 64-bit, 64-bit settings are linked to the 32-bit settings.
Sound Quality: High-Ultra (Med-High in 8-bit mode)
Approximate Maximum Notes: ~110 million (?)
MIDI OUT Port: "CoolSoft VirtualMIDISynth"
- Choice of soundfont
- Doesn't need a strong CPU to work
- Lots of customization options
- Has a lot more options to customize play
- Can load multiple soundfonts
- Can be faster than BASSMIDI in crash points
- Unstable and crashes under MIDITrail (fixed in Coolsoft VirtualMIDISynth 2)
- It stutters more than the normal if BASSMIDI Driver is installed
- Stutters a lot if your computer is not strong (but can be remedied by reducing voice limit)
- Can be buggy
- Not all MIDI events are parsed (Under Windows 8, 8.1, and 10 systems)
Coolsoft VirtualMIDISynth 2.x Edit
- Main article: CoolSoft VirtualMIDISynth 2
VirtualMIDISynth 2.x introduces a deep and important architectural change to VirtualMIDISynth: Driver and Synth components have been split in two distinct parts, while the Configurator is now included into the new Synth.
VirtualMIDISynth 2 is currently at alpha/beta stage, and therefore is not by any means complete nor a stable release, but testing and reporting any discovered issues are encouraged.