The BMT has moved their Wiki. Please don't edit any pages of this wiki. Instead go to www.officialblackmidi.wikia.com
|License Type||Closed Source|
|Platform||Windows XP/Vista/7/8/8.1, Linux, Mac OS X, Android, iOS|
|Release date||April 21, 2007|
|CPU Architecture||x86, x86-64, ARM|
|Current version||10.1.3320 (r3320)|
Version history: Can be found here
Max notes (with 4GB Patch): ~6-7 Million
Pros and ConsEdit
- Synthesia is graphically superior to other programs
- When you load a MIDI, you have better control over tracks, and what they consist of (instruments, etc.)
- Notes can easily be hidden by using the F5 key. This can be used to alleviate lag under most circumstances.
- Poorly optimized; Synthesia lags the most out of all MIDI Players, so as a result, Synthesia is rarely used for larger MIDIs.
- Music pieces use way more RAM on Synthesia (excluding 10) than other alternatives (such as Piano From Above), and as a result, some pieces might not open due to the massive RAM usage.
- Newer versions (8.4, 8.5, 8.6 and 9, excluding 10) lag more than older versions. The least laggy versions are 0.8.0/0.8.1/0.8.2/0.8.3/10.x
- Nicholas planned to add a video editor, called "Synthesia Video Creator", that allows people to record MIDIs without getting lag spikes/stuttering. It's currently under development.